Saturday, 21 April 2018

Animatic Trailer for Windfall - v1

click here - > Windfall Trailer Animatic - v1

I have created the animatic for the "Windfall" trailer in Premier Pro. This is a combination of:-

  • photographs
  •  my own digital art created in Procreate for the external Orchard House shot and the scenes with both Louisa and Lulu in
  • Storyboard for the first scene produced by professional illustrator Aviv Or
  •  Voice for Louisa kindly provided by professional voice actress and Louisa re-enactor Marianne Donnelly 
  • Voice for Lulu kindly provided by Kaitlyn Spain

The animatic gives an indication of timing, scope of shot and camera angles and how the finished trailer will look. 

Sunday, 15 April 2018


There are three windows in the study of Orchard House, two on the right hand wall of the set. They are sash windows made up or two sections, each with 9 panes of glass (3x3). To replicate these windows I studied reference pictures, both internal and external of Orchard House and other sash windows from a similar period. I particularly wanted to replicate the intersection of the batons.

Monday, 9 April 2018

Set Design - Orchard House Study

Orchard House Study for Windfall Trailer - Set Design

The set for the Orchard House study was based on a number of reference pictures.

This animation shows the set design created and animated in sketchup. The three red panels on the base illustrate where the three animation stages will go under the set. 

This design has helped understand the best camera angles to use for each scene and what will be necessary to create for each camera angle and which walls won't be seen.

Paper plans were also created for the floor plan and each wall / side elevation both in 1:28 scale (to fit on A4) and full model size. 

Saturday, 31 March 2018


The alcove to the right of the fireplace is quite a large feature in the room and at the time Louisa lived in Orchard House displayed a bust of Socrates (though now contains a bust of Bronson, Louisa's father, sculpted by Daniel Chandler).

Saturday, 17 March 2018


The bookcase is made of wood glued together. First I started with some reference pictures from Orchard House:-

One problem was that I didn't have a straight on side view to tell exactly how it looked from that angle, or from the back. 

Next I made a scale drawing both on paper then in Sketchup based on measurements of width , height and depth from Jennie at Orchard house. I estimated where the shelves should sti relative to other furniture and structures in the room. 

Saturday, 10 March 2018

Fireplace - Part 1

This post is about the construction of the mantlepiece for the fireplace. I have measurements of the internal part (the black part where the logs go) but not of the mantelpiece itself so these were estimated from photographs using the surrounding furniture as reference. 

Wednesday, 28 February 2018

Louisa - Character Design - Painted Head

I've painted one of the resin casts of the head. its a little uneven but I like how it looks and will be useful for the character design stage as I can now draw it correctly at every angle.